Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Next Adventures and Freedom

I'm a daydreamer. I constantly think about places I would like to visit in the future, but I also know that the likelyhood of me going there would be highly unlikely. I made it to Alaska, and who knows what possibilities are ahead for me!? I always feel that there is something more I should be doing in life but I haven't figured it out (I know I want to be married and have my own family some day). Some things in life are just dreams and some things are actually all part of God's plan. We never know where He is going to take us, but we must trust Him!

My trip to Alaska was part of a dream come true and I know I will go back. (What I really want to see someday is the whales- killer whales and humpback!) God made a way for me to go. Most important are His people! When God gives you direction you have to follow Him! I've also been to Montego Bay, Jamaica; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; and New Orleans, Louisiana on mission trips that God has provided and asked me to go.

Some other places I would like to go are: to Sweden to visit a sweet friend from North Central University; to Norway to visit another friend from North Central University; to some of the European countries to see the beautiful countrysides and castles - places like the Westminister Abbey where William Wilberforce is buried, the home of the von Trapp family in Salzburg, the Berlin Wall, and other historical monuments; to Macedonia to visit with the gypsies; to Africa's highest mountain peak Mount Kilimanjaro (mentioned in the song "Burn for You" by Toby Mac); to Machu Picchu in Peru, built by the Incas (can even ride a train when visiting), while also visiting my Compassion Sponsor Child; and various historical sites in the U.S., including Gettysburg. I love history - especially U.S. history of the Revolutionary War and the Civil War (though it makes me so sad).

See Killer Whales in Alaska and ride the train; go Parasailing or hang-gliding; Downhill Skiing without falling; to Moscow, Russia; to China; visit the Amazon Rain Forest. Go to American Historical Cites- like Mount Rushmore, Gettysburg, Washington, DC, etc. See the Rocky Mountains and Yellowstone Park.

Recently I heard a friend talk about Glacier National Park. Glacier National Park is located in the U.S. state of Montana, bordering the Canadian provinces of Alberta and British Columbia to the North and the Blackfeet Indian Reservation to the East. Glacier National Park contains two mountain ranges (sub-ranges of the Rocky Mountains), which are sometimes referred to as the southern extension of the Canadian Rockies. The park encompasses over 1 million acres, with 300 lakes (130 of which are definitively named), more than 1,100 different species of vascular plants, 400 species of moss and hundreds of species of animals. Nowhere on the North American continent are the prairies of the Great Plains so proximal to the temperate rain forests of the Pacific Northwest. This vast pristine ecosystem, spread across 1,584 mi² (4,101 km²), is the centerpiece of what has been referred to as the "Crown of the Continent Ecosystem", a region of protected land encompassing 16,000 mi² (44,000 km²).[1] The famed Going-to-the-Sun Road, a National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark, traverses through the heart of the park and crosses the Continental Divide, allowing visitors breathtaking views of the rugged Lewis and Livingston mountain ranges, as well as dense forests, alpine tundra, waterfalls and two large lakes. Along with the Going-to-the-Sun Road, five historic hotels and chalets are listed as National Historic Landmarks, and a total of 350 locations are on the National Register of Historic Places.

I would like to visit Annapolis, MD for the U. S. Sailboat Show (also, location of the Naval Academy). I would love to see the coast of Maine and see the Niagara Falls. I would like to see the Red Wood Forest of Washington/California.

Maybe it is because these places represent freedom and have breathtaking views of God's beautiful creation! I discovered that I am an ISFP personality. ISFPs are found in about 6 percent of the general population. The best name for this type is free spirit, for they have an intense need for freedom. The lyric, “I was born under a wandering star…” might capture the spirit of the ISFP in this respect. The flower children of the 1960’s may have been largely ISFPs. With two hippies for parents it is no wonder I am this personality. There is a reason why the flower become the symbol for what the flower children wanted: Flowers are warm, alive, sweet, colorful, rhythmic, natural, absolute, needing no statement, no interpretation – a pure being-in-self. They are so fiercely independent and insistent that they live in and for the moment, in action, fully savoring the urges they feel and discharge, that others often find them difficult to comprehend or understand.

Funny to discover this and realize the difficulties I have had in life because I just wanted to be free and didn't know how to just be myself. At 29 years of life I'm finally getting it. Just waiting for the next adventure while I experience the GREAT ADVENTURE, and that is living a life with Heaven on my mind!! That is eternal freedom!
Note: This blog is definately does not make grammatical sense. It is just my deep thoughts... I apologize if I am all over the place. It is probably why I failed my college freshman English class - on top of the fact we had the worst English professor- his first and last year at Evangel!

No comments:

Post a Comment