Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Deeper than the Holler" Thoughts by Dear Abby (Me)

I was preparing to send out another Young Adult "events" email this morning and wanted to begin with a verse. Then that verse made me think about 'how much do I truly desire God in my life?' I decided to share my thoughts with all my friends.

Last night I took a lonely walk with Jack (my Maltipom) at Fumee Lake about 8pm. I got about half a mile and was completely freaked out by being out there alone so I turned back. The lake was beautiful and the birds and crickets had a peaceful sound, but I still wasn't going to keep going. As I was heading back to the Eastside parking lot by Little Fumee I just started talking to God. All along He was there with me, wanting to spend time with me, and I missed it!

"Whom have I in heaven but You? I desire You more than anything on earth," (Psalm 73:25). Question for thought, have you greeted your Heavenly Father today? Have you communicated with Him? Even when it feels like He's not there, the Lord is right beside us! His love for you is far greater than any love you will experience on earth.

Country singer Randy Travis sang this song (I found it as I searched for "deeper than the ocean") about the way he describes love in a way he understands coming from the country. It made me laugh, but it also can be used to describe how great God's love is for us in a way we understand! :)

My love is deeper that the holler, stronger than the rivers
Higher than the pine trees growin' tall upon the hill
My love is purer than the snowflakes that fall in late December
And honest as a robin on a springtime window sill
And longer than the song of the Whippoorwill

Whether we are surrounded by people or are alone in the woods God's love for us is so great! I am so glad I found Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment